CableMaster 800 is a professional cable tester equipped with an RJ45 jack for network cables and an F-type connector for coaxial cables. Softing's CableMaster 800 verifies the wire map, determines the cable length, and distance to the fault. The results can be saved and documented using PC reporting software. Also, the CableMaster 800 offers many network diagnostics features for troubleshooting such as cable tracing, link detection up to 1Gbit/s, ping, network discovery, PoE/PoE+ tests, and much more.
The CableMaster 800 is ideally suited for professional installers and network operators who are challenged with testing and troubleshooting both network (RJ45) and coaxial cabling in active networks.
The CableMaster 800 professional cable tester is highly versatile – whether during installation, to verify which outlet is connected to the appropriate port in the patch panel, after installation, for quality testing and documentation of the cabling, or in-service troubleshooting of the network. The test results are displayed on the full-colour graphics screen in a clear and easy to understand way. Test results can be saved in the device and be exported to a PC for evaluation or documentation with the free PC reporting software.
CableMaster 800 features extensive test capabilities for RJ45 network, telephone and coaxial cabling. Consisting of the main unit and a test/ID Remote, the CableMaster 800 is the perfect tool to test RJ45 cabling displaying the results in a wire map format on a full-colour graphical display. It verifies continuity, tests for shorts, opens, reversals, mis-wires, and split pairs. The cable length and the distance to the open/short will be determined using the integrated TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer).
The CableMaster 800 features an integrated tone generator to send a modulated audible signal into the cable, which is detected by an optional tone probe used for cable tracing (unscreened unlabeled cables) and outlet/port identification. Numbered cable ID Remotes allow the user to quickly identify which outlet is connected to the appropriate patch panel port.
CableMaster 800 enables rapid identification of network ports/outlets while displaying link capability and current link status. With the added network discovery features, any broadcasted devices in the network can be discovered and displayed and saved as a list. Pinging individual or lists of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, as well as a URL, will detect their availability.
SAVE AND REPORT
Cable test results can be saved in the main unit and exported to the PC reporting software via the USB cable included creating professional test reports.
- Tests network and coaxial cables (RJ45 jack and F-type connector)
- Displays wire map in graphical format for rapid troubleshooting
- Determines cable length and distance to the cable fault performing a full TDR measurement
- Cable/port identification using the cable/port Remote ID’s
- PoE/PoE+ detection and load test
- Link test up to 1Gbit/s to identify link capability & current link status
- Pinging of individual or lists of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses as well as any URL on the internet
- Network Discovery creates lists of broadcasted devices
- CDP/LLDP/NDP and VLAN discovery
- High resolution, backlit colour display for excellent readability in any environment
- Generation of test reports and documentation with PC reporting software