This handy, OTDR (optical time-domain reflectometer) is available for multimode 850/1300 nm or as a combi-device for Multimode 850/1300 nm and Singlemode 1310/1550 nm fibre testing.
For both Multimode and Singlemode fibres, the FiberXpert OTDR 5000 has a very high dynamic range with an event dead zone of < 80 cm, meaning that it is designed for measuring and documenting short fibre links in accordance with standards and for identifying any faults.
Further measurement functions, such as attenuation measurement and an optical power level analyzer, allow you to accurately determine the link attenuation and measure the output of active network components.
The automatic pass/fail analysis takes place by following the TIA/IEC limits. With this OTDR, standard-compliant tier 2 measurements are as easy as creating professional measurement protocols.
Using the new matching optical fibre microscope - which can easily be connected to the OTDR via USB - fibre ends, and link end surfaces can be quickly checked and assessed by following IEC 61300-3-35. And all this at just the touch of a button.
- Standard-compliant tier 2 measurement of fibre optic cables
- Tabular list of link events including their evaluation
- Graphical display of reflection curve for a length-dependent assessment of all events in terms of reflection and attenuation
- Automatic pass/fail analysis of measurement results in accordance with the TIA/IEC limits
- Automatic, macro bend identification
- Integrated attenuation analyzer
- Professional measurement protocols thanks to eXport evaluation software
- Large colour touch display
- Optional optical fibre microscope including an adapter for the most common fibre optic connectors
Contents of the kit:
FiberXpert OTDR 5000 Quad Multimode/Single Mode 850/1300/1310/1550nm Optical Time Domain Reflectometer Includes main measurement unit, SC compatible Multimode module, SC compatible Singlemode module, Li-Polymer batteries, power supplies, soft case with shoulder strap, hard carry case and calibration certificate.